Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"That's all the unusual stuff that's happened this week, the stuff that isn't sitting in class, eating, and going to the bathroom which takes up 90% of the day."

Iaorana!

Things are going good. we've been continuing to teach les amis de l'eglise and I'm improving my knowledge of French and the gospel a lot. I think I'd be fine if I left for Tahiti right now, although I'm glad to have more time. This Sunday was our only normal one so far( we had fast sunday, then GC). More than half of our branch left for France and Canada the other day, so we got new leaders. We made an OJ bet on who the new ZLs would be. It was basically between our district and the Barbados district-We're the oldest now. Elders Prete and Packer became ZLs. Edmunds and I were the only ones not to drink th OJ. Elder Edmunds and I became Sacrament Coordinators, and we also got to pass the sacrament, which I haven't done for a while. 

Yeah, Elder McLoughlin and I are the best [at soccer], mostly because we've played several more years than anyone else. It's super fun. Maybe I won't lose all my skills by the time I get back.

We learned Tahitian for 30 minutes just for a day, and are picking up some more from Elder Marae. I'm going to send all my pictures once I get this adapter thing to put my SD card in the computer. sorry, I'll try to get them sent ASAP!

That's all the unusual stuff that's happened this week, the stuff that isn't sitting in class, eating, and going to the bathroom which takes up 90% of the day. I promise I do spiritual stuff too, guys!

GC was awesome! We all go into a gym and sit in uncomfortable seats. I loved all the talks, although Elder Hollands was great, and made me think of you. I love you mom! I wrote Amber about my comp, so you can ask her, cause I don't have a lot of time. I feel like I've been here forever, but not long enough. I love how good your family history stuff is going. I wish I could sit and talk to you about it for three hours while the kids are at school. Keep telling me about your life, and asking me questions is good because I remember 30% of what happens throughout the week.

Anyway, I'm learning a ton here, and I love it (besides the food). I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Je sais que Dieu vit. Je sais qu'Il a un plan pour nous et quIl nous aime. Je croi en Jesus-Christ et son expiation. Je sais que Dieu nous ecoute et qu'Il repond a notre questions. Je sais que le Livre de Mormon est vrai.

Not the best french, but it works.

Au revoir!
Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment