Monday, January 4, 2016

2016!

This week has been a little slow, mostly trying to get to know everyone in the new sector, but it was good. All the members are really cool. They're super friendly, so I don't think we'll have a problem getting them to come to lessons or give referals or help the investigators at church. We met most of the investigators. 

We have one, Sam*, who is adventist and pretty much the only thing holding him back is the question about what day is the Sabbath. We have another, Ahio*,  who quit drugs and alcohol all of a sudden and doesn't know why, but he didn't want to get baptized and then fall back into that stuff, so he's waiting. Another, Feleti*, is going to be baptized.  He can't get baptized for a year, so we're just teaching him until then. Inoke*, who we've taught before, just needs to stop smoking. Kalea* with the same problem. These are some of the  bigger investigators. All of them really close to entering the gate, but not quite.

Vairea is in our ward! She stopped the lessons to try to solve her problems on her own. She ended up moving here and she's way happier now. 

For New Year's Eve, we didn't do much.  All of us were exhausted so we ate some cake, had a bottle of sparkling apple juice, and went to bed earlier then normal. What a blast. 

I don't think I've mentioned the relationship with Africa and Tahitians. I had to explain that there isn't a president of Africa and that there are in fact 54 different countries. I've heard racist jokes about skin color. Tahitians always joke about going to Africa, on missions or other things. They think the re's no food there, that there are trillions of mosquitos carrying deadly diseases and that it's the worst place in the world to go. I'm petty sure they think it's just another island, too. Sorry, not really spiritual or anything but I had to throw that in. It's pretty funny sometimes. They also immediately ask if you know eachother if you're both from Utah. It just kind of shows a little of what Tahitians are like.

Anyways, I hope you all have a good New Year! I know that God lives, I know he sent his only begotten son to atone for our sins so that we can repent and become like Him. I know that God is always there and He wants us to communicate with Him through prayer. I know that this gospel is true and that this church is the true restored church of Jesus Christ.

Have a good week!
Elder Lewis


Saying goodbye to Temarua








I weaved a fan. Not perfect, but not bad for a first try

No comments:

Post a Comment